Women's Engineering Leadership Education and Development Program
About WE LEAD
WE LEAD is a new high-impact offering from the Engineering Leadership Program that prepares Cornell women in tech and engineering to lead with confidence. It is open to undergraduate and graduate students in any engineering or related major.
We create space for talented women to develop skills and connections for success. Together, WE LEADers learn how to navigate challenges and leverage opportunities to become leaders with purpose.
WE LEAD is for people who want to:
- Learn how to manage gender bias in teams and organizations
- Develop powerful leadership presence
- Gain confidence in their abilities
- Lead with their strengths, values, and purpose
- Acquire professional skills in teamwork, leadership, and communication
- Grow their networks with Cornell alumni and colleagues
- Join a Tribe of like-minded women who are a source of support and encouragement
WE LEAD kicks off with an off-campus retreat where participants dive right in to the practice of courageous leadership. In the weeks that follow, participants grow their professional skills through interactive workshops led by Cornell Engineering and Business School faculty. Throughout, a professional leadership coach helps WE LEADers set and reach development goals. The program capstone is an intimate look at leadership in practice as College of Engineering alumnae share their lessons learned about how to thrive personally and professionally.
Applications for the 2022 WE LEAD cohort are being accepted until March 1, 2022. Apply here today!
contact us with questions