Course Enrollment

Please refer to the following information from various common core math, science, and engineering departments regarding the latest updates on course add instructions.


BIOMG 1350 (Cell & Developmental Biology)

  • If BIOMG 1350 fills, continue to check Student Center for open section times.  Many students change their schedules during the Add/Drop period and some will drop BIOMG 1350.  These spots are filled on first-come, first-served basis so it pays to check frequently during that time.
  • If you are enrolled in BIOMG 1350 but would like to switch sections, you must do so through Student Center.  Once the Add/Drop period starts, look in Student Center for an open section that fits into your schedule. Then use the "swap" option in Student Center to change your enrollment without dropping the course.  If you drop the course and someone else takes your place, we will not be able to re-enroll you.  If you have questions please email


CHEM 2090: All seats are currently reserved for incoming Engineering freshmen for Fall 2022. Current students will not be able to enroll in CHEM 2090 using Student Center. If you wish to be considered for placement in CHEM 2090 for the Fall 2022 semester, please add your name on the CHEM 2090 waitlist. You may indicate multiple lab times (up to three) on your waitlist entry and are encouraged to do so. Students who add themselves to the waitlist are placed into CHEM 2090, after freshmen pre-enrollment in July, space permitting.

Computer Science

If an Introduction to Computing (CS 111X) is full, continue to monitor Student Center during the pre-enroll or add periods for new openings in classes.  If the course is still full, make a request to enroll manually at It may be possible to add the course manually, using an electronic add/drop form.

See complete information on all Computer Science course enrollment rules and options.


If an ENGRI or ENGRD is full, continue to monitor Student Center during the pre-enroll or add periods for new openings in classes.  You may also want to reach out to the engineering department that owns the course to see if there is a wait list that you can add your name to.

First-Year Writing Seminar (FWS)

Only freshmen, sophomores, and first-semester transfer students are eligible to take the FWS. Students must enroll electronically through Student Center. Neither instructors nor registrars can approve additional enrollment into any FWS. Caps on enrollment cannot be lifted. There are no wait-lists or forms to sign; do not ask an instructor about adding a seminar. Instructors will not allow any student not on the roster to sit in on a FWS.

To find open FWS courses:

  • Go to Student Center
  • At the search screen, click on “Additional Search Criteria"
  • Choose “FWS Session” from the “Session” field. This will show you all open FWS classes (a FWS is open ONLY if it appears in this list. Check frequently, because the list can change).


Visit the Math course enrollment rules and options for complete information.


Physics class pre-enrollment is completely online via Student Center. if you are unable to enroll in a class AND your pre-enrollment window is open, join the waitlist. Students may not join the waitlist before their pre-enrollment period has opened. Enrollment requests will be processed only through this waitlist link. All Engineering students on the waitlist for PHYS 1110, 1112, 1116, 2210, 2213, 2214 or 2218 will be placed in their required class prior to the start of classes - but potentially not in their requested sections.

Waitlist requests will be processed throughout the summer. Inquiries related to enrollment may be submitted to Please do not inquire about waitlist placement prior to add/drop. Students will need to contact the instructor if a class requires instructor permission.

Students enrolling in PHYS 1112 or PHYS 1116 MUST co-enroll in PHYS 1110. Students enrolling in PHYS 2218 MUST co-enroll in PHYS 2210.

PHYS 1110 is a required corequisite for 2213 & 2217 if 1110 has not already been taken with PHYS 1112 or PHYS 1116.

The Physics Department will assist you if you are unable to resolve a conflict between your Physics course and another required course for your degree; however, if changing your FWS, PE class, or another elective is possible and will resolve the conflict, then you should resolve the conflict on your own rather than seeking an accommodation from Physics. 

The SWAP function works perfectly for Physics classes. If a preferable section becomes open during the add/drop period, you may SWAP classes in Student Center without risk of dropping your current section. You cannot accidentally drop the class using the SWAP function. If you fail to follow the SWAP instructions and accidentally drop the class, you cannot be added back to the class unless you are able to re-enroll through Student Center.